Pages

Wednesday 9 March 2016

Yummy Chicken Pot Pie

Stouffers Chicken Pot Pie




I like to make pies. That's kind of my new obsession - peach, blueberry, apple, strawberry. I make a really good pumpkin pie with real pumpkin. - Morgan Saylor. Pie Quotes- page 4.
Chicken Pie is a pie made with chicken and other various tasting ingredients. This dish is one of the famous desserts made with Chicken, also it can be said that it is a unique type of dessert because of its taste and ingredients.
What are some of the Interesting facts about Chicken Pie or to be more specific Meat Pie?
According to the article called “MeatPie” these are some of the interesting facts:
  • Over the years the pastry for the pie changed.
  • The crust were harder to eat so people usually ate the inside part.
  • The first pies were made in Ancient Greece.
According to the article “How tomake the perfect chicken pie” the pie only tastes good if the chicken is cooked in the correct way. The author also talks about the fact that the gravy plays a very important role in the pie as it gives the taste to the pie.

Ingredients in Chicken Pot Pie
Why do I like this dish? 
I like the dish for various reasons and they are:
  • It has a unique taste.
  • I really enjoy the idea of mixing sweet, sour and salty ingredients.
  • It is can be considered both a dessert and meal.
One of my favorite chicken pot pies is from the Stouffers Company. I like their pie because the gravy tastes good and also because the crust is made well.
Today I am providing you with a recipe for the pot pie that I usually use. I hope you like it.
I would like to know your opinions about Chicken Pot Pie.

6 comments:

  1. I like you, love to make pie! My favourite pie to make is apple streusel crumble- you should look it up, its so delicious. Your recipe sounds delicious as well, I might just have to try it!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pie is the greatest think known to humankind. In the words of Homer Simpson "hmmmm... Pie..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I LOVE pie, but have never made one myself. Chicken pie is easily one of my favourite meals, looks like I'll have to try the recipe you supplied!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some really interesting recipes here! I can tell that you love chicken and cooking. I've been trying to make different meals lately and try new stuffs! Chicken pie may be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "PIE..." yum yum yum... I have always imagined pie made without any meat in it, but Chicken Pie looks delicious. I would like to try it once. "Sounds great, smells good."

    I remember one of the episodes of "Friends," in which Rachel makes a dessert and she adds beef in it by mistake and Joey says, "I like it! What's not to like, custard good." "Jam goood." "Beef Gooood!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the final hours of Pi Day, I had to comment. In your post you mention "the pie only tastes good if the chicken is cooked in the correct way" and that is so very true, but something a lot of people overlook. Your ingredients matter, even if they're being thrown into a mixture of other things.

    I'm glad you're enjoying this to the point of it being your "new obsession." Bake on, my friend.

    ReplyDelete